View RSS Feed

bronxtko

1. DVD Review: The Purging Hour

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVD8738D.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	3916

I tried to hide. I really, honestly and truthfully, made every iron-clad attempt to hide from you... but you sniffed me out, like a rabid animal looking for something to sink its fangs into. Found-footage, there apparently is no eluding you, regardless of where I may run to, so I might as well bare my jugular and let you slice me for the final time, and the name etched on the cold-steel serrated edge this time is, The Purging Hour...how utterly poetic. ...
  2. Review: Hate Crime

Name:	Hate-Crime-Poster.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	3348

Before I jump into this particular review, I'd like to state the fact that in my 35 + years of watching movies that have claimed to be "shocking" or "one that will stick with you for a long time," I've mostly had the psychological reserve to shove numerous instances of depravity way back into the septic tank that is my brain. I handled SALO with a grain of salt many moons ago, shrugged off the baby scene in A SERBIAN FILM, and have seen FAR too many ...
  3. Making Off: DVD review

Name:	mcMyKQHzpQsN0Sdd0MyYIxw.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	3090

I could say deplorable, but I'd be lying.....I could use the term "reprehensible", but that would be an understatement...how's about "opprobrious" ? Ok, how about this one (and this should sum it up).....ENTERTAINING. - Shocked ya, didn't it ?

Honestly, I've never been a fan of foreign films (I DESPISE subtitles & the artificial voice-overs); not to say that there haven't been some FANTASTIC overseas horror productions put on in the ...

Updated 06-15-2014 at 04:05 AM by bronxtko

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Black Water Vampire: DVD review

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	2739

Found-footage films are slowly becoming the bane of my existence - it appears that the majority of horror films in this day and age have at LEAST some sort of shaky-cam rushes prying their way into the photoplay. Unfortunately, I'm at the point in my movie-watching life where a found-footage film is the cinematic equivalent to dealing with a sharp stone in your shoe - you know it's there, yet you try to sidestep it , and while this tactic may work ...