View RSS Feed

bronxtko

1. Blu-ray Review: The Swinging Cheerleaders

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	153988_front.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	3918

For all of those guys who secretly wished back in the day that they too, would have been surrounded by a bevy of bodacious cheerleaders (hell, some of you STILL might want that), then let Arrow Films take you back in time when these rah-rah lassies weren't just pepping up their team and the fans in the stands - hell, they were SWINGIN!

Directed by Jack Hill, who back in the 70's, brought bad-ass female characters to the screen and shone ...
  2. Blu-ray Review: Blood Bath (1966)

Name:	149728_large.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	3900

Arrow Films, you've got the endurance of an Olympic athlete! Yet another gem from moons ago, Blood Bath, gets the full on buff and polish from audio and video techs to once again breathe life into this chiller from 1966.

Interestingly split into four different titles (Blood Bath, Operation Titian, Portrait in Terror and Track of the Vampire) - each presentation has its pros and cons, and will appeal to some refined horror tastes, many ...
  3. Blu-ray Review: The Stuff

Name:	STUFFBLURAYREV.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	3898

It's white, sticky, edible, and literally will change your thinking if you ingest it...and while I could potentially get into some serious trouble if I were to say what I REALLY thought, I'll just jump to the review - Arrow Films has released the 1985 cult hit THE STUFF on Blu-ray, and the ingredients are indeed filling.

For those that might not be too terribly familiar with the plot, allow me to set it up for you briefly: The Stuff itself ...
  4. Blu-ray Review: Nikkatsu Diamond Guys Volume 2

Name:	152266_large.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	3896

Before I begin this "review" let me be up front and blatantly honest with whomever might be reading my trash (seems like fewer and fewer every damn day) - I've NEVER been the biggest fan or supporter of overseas cinema, especially the Japanese set, and when I received this in the mail, my first impression was "what in the blue hell am I about to watch?" I've never even seen Nikkatsu Diamond Guys Volume 1, and here I am about to dive into Volume 2...so ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Blu-ray Review: The Zero Boys

Name:	142698_large.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	3895

Low-budget horror's on the slate, as Arrow Films sets up another almost forgotten 80's release, THE ZERO BOYS with an admirable Blu-ray touch up, and for the sake of making this looking a LOT better than it actually was, I'll give a thumbs up to the gang at Arrow for working their tails to the nub on this one.

Following a small group of friends, heavily into the paintball-combat scene, known as "The Zero Boys" - their latest tournament ...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast