Sponsors: Alternative Cinema | Level 33 Entertainment | Shopping at Amazon? Click Here First!

View RSS Feed

cducharme

1. Friday The 13th, or why butcher my childhood BAY?

First thing's first, I want to have someone do terrible things to Michael Bay. He's a terrible director who has made maybe one good movie where he was in the chair (I am giving him the first Bad Boys, decent adult oriented action flick and good shut brain off material. Wow that describes his whole output!) and has overseen the raping of many franchises I love. Next supposedly on his list is TMNT, where he's turning my beloved turtles of mutant origin into fucking ALIENS?!?!?! Anyway I digress, to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. It's my birthday and damnit I'm crying for my childhood

You know what I want for my birthday most of all? A solid Friday the 13th sequel, the latest ones have gone for a crossover, a reboot, or being funny and thus not focused on scary. I want Jason to just go back to slaughtering the fuck out of some teens... Is that REALLY too much to ask New Line? Since they've taken over the F13 franchise we've gotten 4 films since then.

Jason Goes To hell - Fun sure, but it's not really him slaughtering, it's folks who body he's possessing... Yawn, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. That's deathtastic

For someone who's dealt with more death than he'd like to admit, when I got the news today that my childhood best friend's mother had passed from her stage 4 breast cancer I was kind of taken away. You see, when my mother passed two years ago my friend and I hadn't seen each other in a few years aside from in passing. We never had a major rift, or violent fight, we just grew apart. He didn't go to my mother's funeral (his choice, I'm not angry, he's the one who has to live with not having gone to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. I have a new quest

I need to see everything on Charles Napier's IMDB page. Why? Because while I enjoyed EVERY roll I've seen him take on, I missed the fact that one of my favorite actors is DEAD. That's right, fucking dead, feeding the worms, cold and buried, six feet under, NEVER TO FILM AGAIN! Usually the kind of news you'd catch when you are a fan, fuck I knew within hours of the George Carlin death and I didn't have internet access at that time!

Who else will undertake this daunting and perhaps ...
  5. Why my girlfriend hates my taste in movies

I have an eclectic taste in my movies beyond what I have any reasonable right to expect anyone to tolerate, never mind for almost 6 years now. So, with that said I want to say thank you to my girlfriend for putting up with my terrible movie watching, followed by well done gory horrorfilm watching, and thrown together with some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That was just one evening she had to deal with.

The last time she told me to pick movies I thought we would both like I wound ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast