View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Killer Book Reviews: Olden by James Newman

First and foremost, I want to apologize. James Newman, the author of this book, sent me a digital copy because he is awesome. What he probably doesn’t know is that I am the world’s worst fan. He is always asking me for feedback on his work and I greatly enjoy reading his work. I want him to know that I literally received this book and stayed up reading it until it I had finished it. I love it and I’ve re-read it a few times. I received this book the day I returned home from visiting family ...
  2. Halloween Movies: Beetlejuice

It is that time of year again! The air is cold and crisp, the temperature is dropping, and I'm dusting off Halloween decorations. We (Psycho, Phanwolf, and I) decided it was time to start watching our favorite Halloween movies for the season. There is a serious stack, and those are just the DVDs and Blu Rays we own. I'm sure more will be added to the list as we plug through Netflix. These movies don't have specific qualifications except they are in the Halloween spirit. Most of them are Halloween ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Killer Book Reviews: Animosity by James Newman (J.N)

We've all felt it. Maybe towards a family member, a coworker, a friend, or a neighbor. But how far do you take it? A snide comment, an uncomfortable gaze. Would it lead you to kill?

James Newman's newest, and in my opinion best, novel shows us just how far people will go when motivated by their animosity. Set in a quite neighborhood, Andy Holland makes his living writing horror novels. One morning, he finds the body of a nine year old girl who has been raped and murdered. His ...

Updated 03-31-2011 at 06:58 PM by Nekrochick

Tags: animosity Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Nekrochick's To Do List

So it has been forever since I posted a blog. Mostly forever since I've spent any real time here and I don't even want to think about all the podcasts I have missed. I have lame excuses like classes and teaching and candidacy exams and work. So here is my current to do list to explain why I've been mostly missing.

1. Get PhD to become mad scientist
    2. Take over the world
    3. Kidnap J.N. and make him write more books.
    4. Hitchhike to Canada and tie Breeanimal ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A Whole Lot of Random

So I know haven't posted in a while. I've been scarce around the message board. I guess it is time for an update.

1. I'm not turning into Lord Dio or Sleepingbag in a mirror. I'm not going anywhere. I'm a grad student in my second year. That means candidacy which might be the root of all evil. Basically, I have to take an exam every month until a accumulate a certain number of points. If I fail, they kick me out. If I pass, I get to be a PhD Candidate. I've been scarce because ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast