View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Movie Review: Varsity Blood (2014)

High school horror films have been engraved in every young horror lovers past. For many of us it was the gateway to a world of other horror films. Teens we could relate to that only wanted to party and have sex. Every one of these characters could possibly represent someone in your own immediate group of friends. Even if you were the outsider looking into the popular crowd there is a place for you in the film. Varsity Blood is a film tries to encompass all of the necessary traits for a successful ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. DVD Review: Torment

Sometimes kids are assholes. Liam is no exception in the film Torment. Liam is having a tough time accepting his stepmother (who is played by Katherine Isabelle) as a replacement for his mother. His father Cory has brought them to a cabin to help their relationship grow. Here we have a home invasion film that focuses on a relationship between a father, son, and their new family dynamic.
    Early in the film we find out that there were some squatters at the cabin and have made a bit of a mess ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Cinefessions Summer Scream Challenge #3

FINAL LIST FOR CSSC3

The last few years I have competed in a movie watching challenge with the guys over at Cinefessions. We have themed weeks and earn points for movies we watch throughout the month of June. A friendly competition between cinephiles to see who can watch the most films. It should be a blast as I try to complete my checklist for bonus points throughout the competition. I will post my progress here with my ratings and the film titles. You can follow the discussion on ...

Updated 07-01-2014 at 07:30 PM by Xander_Kane

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Movie Review: Never Lake (2014)

It is easy to draw some parallels to Neverlake and Stephen King’s "Pet Cemetery". It does share some very similar ideas but it manages to make its own story quite original. To call it a rip off of Kings work is completely absurd so let's get that out in the air from the beginning. Never Lake is based on old Tuscany folklore about the Lake of Idols which holds some sort of healing power. Sounds like a safe bet... Right? On the surface it's not that simple. There are some consequences of using the ...
    Tags: neverlake Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Movie Review: Camp Dread (2014)

I am going to start this review off by saying that Eric Roberts is Fucking Awesome! Now that we got that out of the way let's talk a little about his newest film Camp Dread. The film also stars horror royalty Danielle Harris and Felissa Rose of the classic Sleepaway Camp. Roberts stars as Julian Barrett a film maker who is well known in the horror world for making an iconic slasher series of films. Years after the film’s success he decides to work on something new involving a reality TV style slasher. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast