Sponsors: Alternative Cinema | Level 33 Entertainment | Shopping at Amazon? Click Here First!

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Movie Review: The Cemetery (2014)

Adam Ahlbrandt has made his presence known amongst fans of the underground horror scene. His previous film "Cross Bearer" received plenty of praise in the horror community. Now he has given us another film that should get him even more notoriety. Massacre Video has released a 4 disc collection of The Cemetery that includes Bluray, DVD, Special Features disc, and a Soundtrack. There are plenty of great special features on this set. I was pleasantly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Movie Review: The Forbidden Girl (2014)

The Forbidden Girl has a story that caught me completely off guard. I pretty much went into this film blind. It arrived to the website for review and I simply looked at the cover art and popped it in the DVD player. When looking at the cover art it gives the vibe of what seems like it might be some sort of possession film. In a round about way it is and it's not. Not in the traditional sense at least. The story focuses on Toby who is a young man ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Movie Review: Varsity Blood (2014)

High school horror films have been engraved in every young horror lovers past. For many of us it was the gateway to a world of other horror films. Teens we could relate to that only wanted to party and have sex. Every one of these characters could possibly represent someone in your own immediate group of friends. Even if you were the outsider looking into the popular crowd there is a place for you in the film. Varsity Blood is a film tries to encompass all of the necessary traits for a successful ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. DVD Review: Torment

Sometimes kids are assholes. Liam is no exception in the film Torment. Liam is having a tough time accepting his stepmother (who is played by Katherine Isabelle) as a replacement for his mother. His father Cory has brought them to a cabin to help their relationship grow. Here we have a home invasion film that focuses on a relationship between a father, son, and their new family dynamic.
    Early in the film we find out that there were some squatters at the cabin and have made a bit of a mess ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Cinefessions Summer Scream Challenge #3

FINAL LIST FOR CSSC3

The last few years I have competed in a movie watching challenge with the guys over at Cinefessions. We have themed weeks and earn points for movies we watch throughout the month of June. A friendly competition between cinephiles to see who can watch the most films. It should be a blast as I try to complete my checklist for bonus points throughout the competition. I will post my progress here with my ratings and the film titles. You can follow the discussion on ...

Updated 07-01-2014 at 08:30 PM by Xander_Kane

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast