Sponsors: Alternative Cinema | Level 33 Entertainment | Shopping at Amazon? Click Here First!

View RSS Feed

Xander_Kane

1. Movie Review: Never Lake (2014)

It is easy to draw some parallels to Neverlake and Stephen King’s "Pet Cemetery". It does share some very similar ideas but it manages to make its own story quite original. To call it a rip off of Kings work is completely absurd so let's get that out in the air from the beginning. Never Lake is based on old Tuscany folklore about the Lake of Idols which holds some sort of healing power. Sounds like a safe bet... Right? On the surface it's not that simple. There are some consequences of using the ...
    Tags: neverlake Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Movie Review: Camp Dread (2014)

I am going to start this review off by saying that Eric Roberts is Fucking Awesome! Now that we got that out of the way let's talk a little about his newest film Camp Dread. The film also stars horror royalty Danielle Harris and Felissa Rose of the classic Sleepaway Camp. Roberts stars as Julian Barrett a film maker who is well known in the horror world for making an iconic slasher series of films. Years after the film’s success he decides to work on something new involving a reality TV style slasher. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. DVD Review: 95ers: Time Runners

I have always been a sucker for time travel films. So when we were offered to review 95ers: Time Runners I jumped at the chance. I checked out the trailer and thought it looked like fun. The actual poster for the film is pretty bad ass as well so it wasn't a tough sell for me. The film follows a FBI agent who has the ability to bend time and manipulate it to her advantage. Problems arise when she marries a scientist who is coincidentally working on time travel. He winds up dying while our lead ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Micro-Budget Gold!

Movie Review: Empire of the Apes (2014)

Not too many times in my short time as a reviewer have I come across a micro-budget film as fun as Empire of the Apes. Of course it feels like a fan film due to its budget but that doesn’t mean it is a bad film. There is obviously some fandom going on here but that is what made the movie so fun to me. A group of ladies are captured on a planet in another galaxy and escape via an escape pod from the ship. Once they escape, they land on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. DVD Review: Evil In The Time Of Heroes

Evil in the Time of Heroes is the long awaited sequel to the Greek 2005 zombie/action/comedy film Evil. It is now being released in the U.S. Its original release was in 2009 in Greece and has taken ages to get over here. Now, thanks to the advancement in technology it will be easily Available March 25 on VOD. It starts right were the original left off. This time around Billy Zane is along for the ride as some Super Hero that slays zombies as if he was born in the Matrix universe. He is sent down ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast