View RSS Feed

Xander_Kane

1. Micro-Budget Gold!

Movie Review: Empire of the Apes (2014)

Not too many times in my short time as a reviewer have I come across a micro-budget film as fun as Empire of the Apes. Of course it feels like a fan film due to its budget but that doesn’t mean it is a bad film. There is obviously some fandom going on here but that is what made the movie so fun to me. A group of ladies are captured on a planet in another galaxy and escape via an escape pod from the ship. Once they escape, they land on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. DVD Review: Evil In The Time Of Heroes

Evil in the Time of Heroes is the long awaited sequel to the Greek 2005 zombie/action/comedy film Evil. It is now being released in the U.S. Its original release was in 2009 in Greece and has taken ages to get over here. Now, thanks to the advancement in technology it will be easily Available March 25 on VOD. It starts right were the original left off. This time around Billy Zane is along for the ride as some Super Hero that slays zombies as if he was born in the Matrix universe. He is sent down ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. DVD Review: The Invoking

There was a few times throughout my viewing of The Invoking that I thought that I missed something. The first 40 minutes of the film I really was disinterested because I felt it was taking too long to get to the point. I guess what I missed was that atmospheric buildup of tension. This could have been partially my fault since a handful of distractions were going on during my viewing. When I finally realized what was going on and the direction ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. DVD Review: Knight of the Dead

Often times directors will try to take an over saturated genre and make something outside the box. Many times this is a complete and utter failure. Is it because we are all bored to death of a specific genre? Or are we too harsh on directors that try to give us something different. Maybe it's a bit of both. Director Mark Atkins has given us a zombie movie that we have never seen before. Taking zombies and mixing them with a story of crusading knights ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Movie Review: Fraulein Devil (1977)

After a long period of debating on whether or not I was going to dive into the Naziplotation genre. The time has come and in my true fashion I decided to go with a lesser known/popular entry into the genre. Full Moon Grindhouse has released Fräulein Devil on its label. This film In particular has a bunch of different titles and is most commonly known as Captive Women 4. I definitely prefer the West German title of Fräulein Devil myself. Captive Woman 4 sounds more like a woman in prison flick. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast