Welcome to Killer Reviews where you'll find tons of horror movie reviews, horror podcasts, news, interviews and more!

View RSS Feed

Xander_Kane

1. DVD Review: Knight of the Dead

Often times directors will try to take an over saturated genre and make something outside the box. Many times this is a complete and utter failure. Is it because we are all bored to death of a specific genre? Or are we too harsh on directors that try to give us something different. Maybe it's a bit of both. Director Mark Atkins has given us a zombie movie that we have never seen before. Taking zombies and mixing them with a story of crusading knights ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Movie Review: Fraulein Devil (1977)

After a long period of debating on whether or not I was going to dive into the Naziplotation genre. The time has come and in my true fashion I decided to go with a lesser known/popular entry into the genre. Full Moon Grindhouse has released Fräulein Devil on its label. This film In particular has a bunch of different titles and is most commonly known as Captive Women 4. I definitely prefer the West German title of Fräulein Devil myself. Captive Woman 4 sounds more like a woman in prison flick. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Movie Review: Sanitarium (2013)

As horror fans we always claim that we want more anthology films. There are plenty out there for us to watch but there are far too many bad ones. In fact many of us may just pass them over. It is so hard to find a wrap around story that works effectively within an anthology films stories. Sanitarium is the newest anthology film effort this year. The title alone lends well to the wraparound story. The most difficult task has been avoided by simply using the wrap around story of patients in a nut ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Blu Ray Review: Sweetwater

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sweetwaterr.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	2716

Westerns are a bit of an anomaly for me. I don't really ever seek out the genre to get my cinema fix. However, the last few I have watched I have thoroughly enjoyed. The most recent is a little movie called Sweetwater. The first two names you notice on the cover is Ed Harris,( A Beautiful Mind), and the stunning Janurary Jones( Mad Men). For all you country music fans we also have Jason Aldean as one of our characters. This could also be classified as ...

Updated 12-18-2013 at 08:58 PM by Xander_Kane

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. DVD Review: Mischief Night

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mischief night.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	2715
    Every year people take the opportunity on October 30th to spend the evening pulling pranks on people. This usually entails something non- threatening like rolling someone's house or just throwing eggs at it. At some point the day had been specifically labeled "Mischief Night". The intent of this film is to create something a bit more terrifying by proving that these traditional pranks are childish. Death is something much scarier especially if you are blind like ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast