Welcome to Killer Reviews where you'll find tons of horror movie reviews, horror podcasts, news, interviews and more!

View RSS Feed

Xander_Kane

1. Evidence: DVD Review

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21231.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	2420

Evidence is a film that blends elements of found footage with a more traditional style of filmmaking. I will be the first to admit that when the term found footage is mentioned I cringe. So many films over the past few years have made ill fated attempts at making a quick buck exploiting the genre. It's to the point that it is incredibly hard for me to even give one a chance anymore. Luckily I had no idea what Evidence was even about or how the story was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Prowl (2010)

Name:	prowl.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	2354

Can we all agree that getting into a semi trailer driven by a creepy truck driver is a bad idea? When you decide to smoke lots of pot and consume bottles of booze along the way trouble is sure to be ahead. This will always end badly for everyone involved. At least don't be dumb enough to drag your friends along like Amber did in the After Dark original film Prowl. A trip to move Amber to the big city goes south after their van breaks down. In effort to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Beast (Horror Short)

If given the opportunity to make a horror short film I would. If you told me that I had to snag the biggest name in independent horror films as my lead I would be intimidated a bit. If then you told me I had to have some special effects, a full score, and have very little money to do it all. I would probably tell you that is crazy and move along with my day. However this did not deter Peter Dukes from making his horror short called The Beast. Starring the ...

Updated 04-01-2013 at 10:02 AM by Butcher

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Out There (Horror Short)

Name:	Poster.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	2135

"Out There" is a short film that caught my attention through listening to a horror podcast. A week or so later we were contacted by writer/director, Randal Plunkett, for a chance to screen this short film. Randal and his production company are based out of Ireland and have put together 6 short films in total, and this short is set as a prequel to a full feature to be filmed in 2013.

Name:	Conor Marren .jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	2136

A man played by Conor ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Poster.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	2134  
  5. A Look Back At The Mangler Trilogy

It doesn't seem to be very often that someone talks about The Mangler trilogy. Hell most people don't even know there are 3 films in the series. I decided to sit down and watch all 3 films to find out if there is a reason no one talks about them. The first film is directed by Tobe Hooper and stars Robert Englund and to me that sounds like a good start to any movie. The basic story in this series starts with a demon from hell that possesses a laundry folding machine. The machine begins to kill people ...

Updated 01-09-2013 at 07:42 PM by Xander_Kane

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast