Sponsors: Alternative Cinema | Level 33 Entertainment | Shopping at Amazon? Click Here First!

View RSS Feed

hemi

1. Interesting Fourth of July facts

The Fourth of July, or Independence Day, is day that Americans celebrate their independence from English rule and sovereignty. However, as a day off from most jobs, barbecues, pool parties, fireworks and beer many have forgotten the true observance of the holiday and none of us have known an America that was under any other ruling. Also, many facts about the holiday are unknown as well.

Independence Day actually commemorates the formal adoption of the Declaration of Independence ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Nightmare on Elm Street - A True Story

A Nightmare on Elm Street - A True Story

The Story You Know:

A Nightmare on Elm Street boasted a plot that was two parts Halloween, one part Jason and a dash of Christopher Nolan psycho-noir. It introduced a whole generation of children to insomnia in the form of Freddy Krueger, and is arguably the only decent movie Wes Craven ever made.

What Inspired It:

A true freaking story. While Freddy Krueger is the amalgamation of a bully from Craven's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Super Mario Bros, Alice In Wonderland and Hallucinogenic Mushrooms

The Story You Know:

Mario is such a staple of the video game landscape that we become blind to how weird the whole thing really is. Why is it all about mushrooms? Why would mushrooms give Mario superpowers? Well, it's because there are in fact mushrooms in the real world that will give you superpowers. Rather, they make you think you have them, until the cops wrestle you to the ground.

What Inspired It:

According to Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto, it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Fuck you Hollywood!

You know something Hollywood needs to stop fucking with my movies! What I mean by that is this whole 3D bullshit and bad remakes and ideas that only Hollywood could fuck up need to stop and go away! Hear me out here, with a shitty economy Hollywood has seen it fit to push 3D to push sales but the problem is no one can afford to go the damn movies. I live in japan right now and its $15 dollars a ticket to see a damn movie! Now with prices like that I don't care if you put Megan Fox naked in 3D I'm ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized