View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Single Player Gaming- A Dying Trend?

Game series such as Halo, Battlefield, Call of Duty, and Gears of War did not find their success within their single-player campaigns. In fact, many titles like these have forgone focus on their single player elements (which for these was many times referred to as mediocre at best) in lieu of more social, multiplayer ones. There’s no arguing that today’s culture of gaming has found itself with a heavy ...

Updated 06-02-2012 at 09:28 AM by JohnnyWayne_

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Horror Games and Film: An Undeniable Connection

Once in a while, we all want a good scare. For most, this scare comes from film. For others however, we get our horror fix from within the medium of gaming.

Why? Simple- the act of controlling a character stuck within an environment creates an intimate atmosphere that is often unrivaled. Now, I’m no movie expert. I’ve never claimed to be, nor attempted to be. ...

Updated 05-08-2012 at 08:54 PM by JohnnyWayne_

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. A Detour Worth the Time?

As many will already know, Capcom decided to take a bit of a detour with their latest installment in the Resident Evil series. It is very safe to say that because of the survival horror background established by this game’s history, RE: Operation Raccoon City is not the kind of game long-time fans of the series were expecting. This title takes a break ...

Updated 03-31-2012 at 08:48 AM by JohnnyWayne_

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Bioshock Infinite Preview- Will “Fragmenting Reality” Innovate the Series?

Let’s get something out of the way- the original Bioshock game was incredible.

The game released at a time when FPS games were becoming run of the mill “go here and blow this up” shooters. Bioshock set itself apart by taking the most exciting elements of FPS gameplay and refocusing the format into an immense, masterfully created universe- while simultaneously creating what has been argued to be one of the best story lines in modern video-gaming history.

Updated 03-23-2012 at 07:30 AM by Butcher

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bioshock-infinite-city-300x206.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	1683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bioshock_infinite_wanted-300x169.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	1684   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bioshockinfin_FeaturedEffects_1-250x250.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	1685  
  5. I Am Alive: Survival, Done Right.

A good survival game forces the player to make decisions that dictate whether or not they will succeed in the game and survive its outcome. Thus, it’s fair to say that games within the survival genre are, themselves, made and broken by decisions. Did I Am Alive make the right ones?

Many may not know, but I Am Alive has been a developmental idea since 2008. Since that time it has been passed amongst a handful of developers, causing the game’s scale to be reduced from a full retail ...

Updated 03-20-2012 at 05:47 AM by Butcher

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-Am-Alive-City-in-Ruins-300x170.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	1675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-Am-Alive-Combat-Screenshot-300x168.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	1676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-Am-Alive-City-Screenshot-300x168.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	1677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-Am-Alive-Pipe-Hang-Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	1678  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast