Sponsors: Alternative Cinema | Level 33 Entertainment | Shopping at Amazon? Click Here First!

View RSS Feed

JohnnyWayne_

1. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. A Detour Worth the Time?

As many will already know, Capcom decided to take a bit of a detour with their latest installment in the Resident Evil series. It is very safe to say that because of the survival horror background established by this game’s history, RE: Operation Raccoon City is not the kind of game long-time fans of the series were expecting. This title takes a break ...

Updated 03-31-2012 at 09:48 AM by JohnnyWayne_

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Bioshock Infinite Preview- Will “Fragmenting Reality” Innovate the Series?

Let’s get something out of the way- the original Bioshock game was incredible.

The game released at a time when FPS games were becoming run of the mill “go here and blow this up” shooters. Bioshock set itself apart by taking the most exciting elements of FPS gameplay and refocusing the format into an immense, masterfully created universe- while simultaneously creating what has been argued to be one of the best story lines in modern video-gaming history.

Updated 03-23-2012 at 08:30 AM by Butcher

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bioshock-infinite-city-300x206.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	1683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bioshock_infinite_wanted-300x169.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	1684   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bioshockinfin_FeaturedEffects_1-250x250.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	1685  
  3. I Am Alive: Survival, Done Right.

A good survival game forces the player to make decisions that dictate whether or not they will succeed in the game and survive its outcome. Thus, it’s fair to say that games within the survival genre are, themselves, made and broken by decisions. Did I Am Alive make the right ones?

Many may not know, but I Am Alive has been a developmental idea since 2008. Since that time it has been passed amongst a handful of developers, causing the game’s scale to be reduced from a full retail ...

Updated 03-20-2012 at 06:47 AM by Butcher

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-Am-Alive-City-in-Ruins-300x170.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	1675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-Am-Alive-Combat-Screenshot-300x168.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	1676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-Am-Alive-City-Screenshot-300x168.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	1677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-Am-Alive-Pipe-Hang-Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	1678  
  4. Silent Hill: Downpour- More Psycho Scares and Puzzles, Less Gunplay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silent-hill-downpour-box-front-600x300.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	1655

Most of us are aware that Silent Hill: Downpour failed to deliver on its original release time when last November came and went without even a mention of its release.

However, as the new release date enters our radar (scheduled March 13th launch) the game’s producer, Devin Shatsky (it’s okay; you can laugh- he probably won’t read this) has revealed some interesting new directions the series will be taking in this next big release.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Survival Horror: The Roots and Evolution of a Genre

In 1996 Bill Clinton began his second term as President, MSN revealed Hotmail as a free email client, the 26th Olympic games were held in Atlanta Ga., and MTV started a second television channel which promised to be “more about the music.” However, if you were a gamer fiddling with a PS1 controller in 1996, you may have missed a great portion of these events because you were trying to guide Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine through an inventive maze of puzzles and an unrelenting hoard ...

Updated 03-03-2012 at 10:22 PM by JohnnyWayne_

Categories
    Uncategorized