Welcome to Killer Reviews where you'll find tons of horror movie reviews, horror podcasts, news, interviews and more!

View RSS Feed

Homicide

1. Kamen Rider: The First

Kamen Rider: The First
    Plot: 4 / Fun Factor: 3 / Gore: 1 / Nudity: 1 / Scare Factor: 2 / Overall: 4/5

Takeshi Hongo is a man of extraordinary intellect, but his promising future is about to be maliciously snuffed out by an evil secret society known as Shocker. Reinvented against his will and transformed into a powerful experimental cyborg, Hongo will forever be known as Kamen Rider the First. He manages to regain his self-awareness and realizes he is being controlled ...

Updated 01-16-2012 at 02:02 AM by Homicide

Categories
    Tokusatsu
  2. Review: Casey Jones (2011)

First off, I'm a child of the 80s. I was 7 years old when the phenomenon known as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles broke onto the scene. To say that I was a little obsessed with the heroes in a half shell, may be a slight understatement. Being a young horror fan at the time I also latched onto the Hockey-masked vigilante Casey Jones (closest thing I had to a Jason toy as a kid). Fast forward to last weekend when I stumble across the site www.caseyjonesthemovie.com, my curiosity peaked & I decided ...

Updated 12-31-2011 at 01:59 AM by Homicide

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Kamen Rider 101

As I already stated in my previous blog my favorite franchise in the Tokusatsu genre is Kamen Rider, but what or who is a Kamen Rider?

Kamen Rider (translated to Masked Rider) is a metaseries of TV shows, films & manga created by Shotaro Ishinomori. The various Kamen Riders (and there are many of them) are typically motorcycle riding superheros, usually with an insect motif, who battle monsters & creatures often referred to as kaijin. The franchise began in 1971 with the first Kamen ...

Updated 08-20-2011 at 02:32 PM by Homicide

Categories
    Tokusatsu
  4. Tokusatsu, a lesson.

All of us here in the KR family all have our own loves; Horror, Sci-fi, Action & Fantasy all get some attention around here. That isn't relegated to Stateside releases, around here we love our foreign imports, but there's is a huge genre from Japan that I may be the only one around here to enjoy.

I'm talking about Tokusatsu, now you're probably asking what the hell is Tokusatsu (Toku for short)?
    Well Toku is a Japanese term that applies to any live-action film or TV drama ...

Updated 08-17-2011 at 02:22 PM by Homicide

Categories
    Tokusatsu
  5. My life as a Monster, the abbreviated version.

I love scaring people, big people, little people, white people, black people, I just love to scare people!

So, tonight was my first night of Fright Dome (Circus Circus' big Haunt for those who may not know), all in all I'd say the night went well, I'm home now smoking a bowl and drinkin' a Newcastle (I NEED some chill time before I crash). Well let me start by saying this isn't the first Haunt I've worked, I've got quite a bit of experience, Hell I've even worked right there before, ...

Updated 10-09-2010 at 05:39 PM by Homicide

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast