View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Great Casts, Terrible Horror Films

Sometimes even the most talented of call sheet names cannot catapult a bad horror film into an enjoyable entertainment experience. Whether itís the acting, the directing, studio meddling or a screenplay that was about as pleasing as root canal performed without anesthesia by Michael J. Fox, sometimes things just donít come together as symbiotic as the roll call would suggest.

Since 1980 there have been countless horror film failures with A-List talent headlining a filmís ads and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. KR Screens and Details The Dark Knight Rises Footage

Last week Christopher Nolan released an approximate 6-minute scene from the highly anticipated third Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises. The scene was shot in glorious IMAX and Killer Reviews had an opportunity to view the footage this week. Below outlines our thoughts and describes the visual orgasm that appeared on screen.

We will attempt to hold no punches in our preview description, so if you are someone who does not want to hear of any spoilers, here is your chance to pull ...

Updated 12-16-2011 at 05:49 PM by GregMO ROberts

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Rating 2011's Sequels

2011, like the twenty years before it and the 100 years in front, was a year where every month one or more sequels were trotted into our local theatres hoping to catch a wave of familiar support from the box office supporting public. There were 16 sequels (or thereabouts) in 2011, some good, some bad and some downright atrocious. We take a moment to look back on the releases and give you our grades on each of the entries. Our list starts here:

Fast Five
    We honestly thought ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Killer Picking Adventures of Brain Chomper - Episode 2 "Pots and Pans"

So if any of you have ever had a house warming party, you know that your guests usually fly off to Wal-Mart the day before the party and pick you up whatever looks housewarmingly; i.e.....a pots and pans set, a knife set, a coffee maker and whatever else they can find. Though the gesture is always nice, the problem here is that Wal-Mart's products are usually of shit quality. Here lies the problem which leads us to B.C.'s picking adventure #2.

Now I love KaylaCap's mom to death, ...

Updated 12-15-2011 at 10:09 AM by brainchomper

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Book Review: Marty Feldman - The Biography of a Comedy Legend

When I was told I was being sent a book on comedic actor Marty Feldman, I was overjoyed to say the least. After all, Marty Feldman was a legend that appeared in Young Frankenstein, Silent Movie and The Adventure of Sherlock Holmesí Younger Brother. His eyes were transfixing, but his talent was remarkable. And thanks to author Robert Ross, we now have a better understanding as to just how genius Martin Alan Feldman really was.

The book takes us all the way back to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 111 of 195 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast