Welcome to Killer Reviews where you'll find tons of horror movie reviews, horror podcasts, news, interviews and more!

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Holy Crap! A Good Sequel-Remake: Quarantine 2

"Most Pleasant Surprise of the Year"

3/5

A plane is taken over by a mysterious virus. When the plane lands it is placed under quarantine. Now a group of survivors must band together to survive the quarantine.

A sequel to a remake... that is the first thing that will come to your mind. First they remade "Rec" and now they have made a sequel to that remake. (Oddly enough, "Rec 2" has a preview on this DVD.) But do not be fooled... ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Review: The Empty

The Empty opens with a beat-up man staring aimless into nothing but the deep abyss of his own thoughts. Through flashbacks, dream sequences, narration and unfolding events, we learn that our protagonist has demons that are the result of him dealing with the death of his wife and child.

His demons come in the form of nightmarish visions resulting in outletted violence towards both himself and others that may or may not cross over into his world of reality. In an effort to shield ...

Updated 08-01-2011 at 01:51 PM by GregMO ROberts

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Book Review 1: Tobe Hooper's Midnight Movie

Ok, so two weeks ago I was at my local library, browsing through the New shelf, when the title "Midnight Movie" jumped out at me. As soon as I saw the words "Tobe Hooper," I immediately got the book.

This is Hooper's first Novel, and is portrayed througha series of First-person segments, blog posts, emails, and interviews. The basic plot (SPOILER ALERT) goes like this:

Tobe Hooper, the legendary ...

Updated 08-10-2012 at 05:35 PM by lurtz6

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Purple Rain

This week marks the anniversary of the release of Purple Rain in the theatres. The year was 1984 and Princeís push to the big screen - bolstered by a multi-platinum selling album (I think we still called them albums back then) - catapulted the singer/songwriter/actor into superstardom.

Purple Rain had an indelible impact on my film screening career. It was the last film that I saw in the theatre 10 or more times. Thatís right. I saw Purple Rain in the theatre 11 times and now, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Slaughter daughter!

(Melody taken from the "Speed Racer" cartoon.)

Here she comes, the slaughter daughter.
    She's a demon in heels.
    She's on a rampage and you cannot stop her,
    Because insanity is how she feels.

I'm very excited to announce that the last shooting days for "Slaughter Daughter" starring Nicola Fiore and myself, are just around the corner. Director Travis Campbell and writer/producer Lauren Miller already have a rough cut! They are amazingly talented as well

Updated 07-27-2011 at 05:24 AM by Ruby LaRocca

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 111 of 174 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast