Sponsors: Alternative Cinema | Level 33 Entertainment | Shopping at Amazon? Click Here First!

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Last Circus

It is not often that I step outside the horror realm to write a review. However, to be fair, The Last Circus is a film whose meshing into the horror genre is debatable- and this debate is one of the many reasons this 2010 Spanish film begs to be talked about amongst genre fans.

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Last-Circus11.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	1562  
  2. Movie review: The dorm that dripped blood(1982)

Although my college dorm didn't drip blood, the guy I shared a bathroom with did. Actually, it trickled, more than it dripped, and it wasn't the right color for blood. The first time I saw the stuff, it looked little more than a puddle of some thin, cream-based soup. A chowder, perhaps a bisque, with little chives in it. When I asked my roommate about it, he said that all he really

Updated 02-05-2012 at 11:11 PM by SecretAgent/SuperHero

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dorm2.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	1559  
  3. Review: This Means War

In the new action comedy This Means War, two CIA operatives played by Chris Pine (Star Trek) and Tom Hardy (Warrior) have their partnership tested when they both attempt to win the heart of the same woman played by Reese Witherspoon.

Directed by McG (Charlie’s Angels), This Means War opens with the introduction of agents FDR (Pine) and Tuck (Hardy). The dynamic duo are on a secretive mission at a high class party intending to carry our their orders ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. True Crime Meets Cinema: "Texas Killing Fields"

"Poorly Scripted, But Decent Execution"

3/5

In the Texas bayous, a local homicide detective teams up with a cop from New York City to investigate a series of unsolved murders.

The casting on this film is perfect -- Sam Worthington, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and the flawless Chloe Moretz. The directing and cinematography are great, with the dark, gritty feel that one would expect from your better serial killer films. And the story, despite being disjointed, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Richard Gere the Badass: "The Double"

"Much Better Than Given Credit For"

3.5/5

A retired CIA operative (Richard Gere) is paired with a young FBI agent (Topher Grace) to unravel the mystery of a senator's murder, with all signs pointing to a Soviet assassin.

On top of the great casting of the leads, you also have Martin Sheen being as dignified as ever and Odette Yustman having a smaller, but important role. All around, the casting was just spot on.

What is great ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 111 of 207 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast