View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Book Review: Night of the Werewolf by Guy N. Smith

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0167.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	1314

The bone-crunching, entrails-spilling, sex-pulsating pulp horror fiction of Guy N. Smith kept many an adolescent schoolboy’s rapt attention in the days before home entertainment and the internet enriched all our lives. His prolific output from the late 1970s to the late 1980s gave us such delights as The Sucking Pit, The Slime Beast, Bats Out of Hell, and the first horror novel I ever read, Night of the Crabs. And in 1976, Night of the Werewolf was published. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Steel Panther: Balls Out

Steel Panther: Balls Out

If your unaware of who Steel Panther is, they are the best damn thing that has came out of the L.A. hair metal scene since Motley Crue. Apparently Steel Panther doesn't mind the Crues leftovers as well. Steel Panther just released its follow up full length original Balls Out to 2009's Feel the Steel. Laced with comedic, metallic perfection and oozing the smell of vagina, Balls Out ripped my face off. Yes they are a parody hair metal band who earned ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Millennium Bug

In the current state of horror we as viewers have had the unfortunate abuse of terrible CGI in filmmaking. Even many indie films are guilty of this. So when I found out about The Millennium Bug being free of CGI blood and CGI monsters I am sold. Being an independent release I was very reluctant of how good it could be. My first hope is that the money is in the effects ...

Updated 11-04-2011 at 08:16 PM by Xander_Kane

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Is Mainstream Horror Dead?

Stakeland.

Grave Encounters.

Red State.

All amazing movies that were appreciated by the Horror community at large, except for one thing: None were in theaters, for the average American to walk into and enjoy. What was in theatres?

Don't be Afraid of the Dark.

Apollo 18.

Shark Night 3D. ...
    Tags: death, horror, theatre Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 17th Annual Emma Crawford Coffin Races in Manitou Springs, CO - Oct 29th 2011

Manitou Springs, CO 2011 Coffin Races.
    If you’ve never been to Colorado you probably have never heard of Manitou Springs, hell even some people that live in Colorado have never heard about it. Manitou is known for all sorts of spooky goings on. Manitou is home to haunted hotels (which are said to be the majority of all the hotels down there) and hippies. But one thing that this sleepy little valley town is becoming known for is the annual Emma Crawford Coffin Races.

Here’s ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 111 of 190 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast