View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. My Favorite Video Games of All Time Vol. #2

2012 is the year I vowed to get back into gaming. It’s been a large part of my life since the early 1980’s but due to children, work and Killer Reviews it had taken a back seat. To put it more directly, it had taken a back seat in someone else’s car. Now, two weeks into the New Year and I’ve already logged 40 plus hours of gaming goodness. What am I playing you ask? Everything from Skyrim to Dungeon Master, and ...

Updated 01-30-2012 at 12:01 PM by Butcher

Tags: favorite, games, video Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Our 12 Favorite Head Explosions on Film

As we walked through the KR offices today (our offices consist of a porcelain human waste receptacle, a sink and a shelving unit housing countless colored towels), we heard from the outside hall someone exclaim while seemingly suffering from a migraine, “I feel like my head is going to explode!”

Surely the comment must have been in jest. Heads don’t just ‘explode’. Or do they? As I sat on the porcelain waste receptacle completing the easier portions of the daily crossword, I got ...

Updated 01-16-2012 at 09:25 AM by GregMO ROberts

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Kamen Rider: The First

Kamen Rider: The First
    Plot: 4 / Fun Factor: 3 / Gore: 1 / Nudity: 1 / Scare Factor: 2 / Overall: 4/5

Takeshi Hongo is a man of extraordinary intellect, but his promising future is about to be maliciously snuffed out by an evil secret society known as Shocker. Reinvented against his will and transformed into a powerful experimental cyborg, Hongo will forever be known as Kamen Rider the First. He manages to regain his self-awareness and realizes he is being controlled ...

Updated 01-16-2012 at 02:02 AM by Homicide

Categories
    Tokusatsu
  4. Book Review: The Hammer Vault - Treasures from the Archive of Hammer Films

The Hammer Vault: Treasures From The Archive of Hammer Films by Marcus Hearn isn’t so much a coffee table book as it is a historical treasure trove of the detailed history of Hammer Film Productions. Our best attempt at describing the contents of The Hammer Vault is to copy directly from the book’s introduction.

“In the 1950’s Hammer horror was the most terrifying experience the cinema had to offer. This terror would be embodied by a mutating astronaut, an amoral ...

Updated 01-15-2012 at 07:48 PM by GregMO ROberts

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. It Is The End of the World: "Zombie Apocalypse"

"Fun, But Still Bad"
    2/5

Months after a zombie plague has wiped out 90 percent of the American population, a small group of survivors fight their way cross-country to a rumored refuge on the island of Catalina.

The best thing about this film is the shout outs to other zombie and horror films. The S-Mart reference, the Kirkman reference and (possibly) the Pittsburgh reference give this film some credibility. In-jokes and homages are a great part of what ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 112 of 203 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast