Welcome to Killer Reviews where you'll find tons of horror movie reviews, horror podcasts, news, interviews and more!

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Is That A Batmobile In Your Pocket?.....or, Are You Just Happy To See Me?

My obsession with the American muscle car stems from my upbringing. I grew up in a family of gearheads. My maternal grandfather owned a garage/bodyshop. My grandfather taught me how to drive....he moonlighted doing repo work, and I used to go out nights with him, so essentially I learned to drive a car by learning how to steal them. I've owned a few cool cars in my days, as well ('73 Mustang Mach 1, '74 Gran Torino, '86 Monte Carlo SS come to mind).

So, needless to say, I am ...

Updated 07-13-2011 at 07:27 PM by Hong Kong Cavalier

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Everything I learned about human anatomy I learned from Horror Novels And my SELF?

The first horror novel I read was Stephen King's the stand (abridged) it held my imagination in a controlled but delightful direction, I knew what I would read with my newfound skills. At the tine I was in 3rd grade, and exhibiting the signs of not only being emotionally stunted but with major rage issues. Any little provocation could set me off, into a realm where it was all blank and I was on autopilot. Some people have autopilot that will drive you to your destination in the best time possible, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Those were the days: OTR Death in the Script Department (May 11 1943)

Since I had to open my big mouth and say I was slow at work, Iím now slammed. I really havenít had time to watch any movies, so I thought I throw in another OTR story. Searching through my vast mp3 collection of OTR, I decided to go with Murder in the Script Department. Murder in the Script Department was done ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Searching for Peace: "Miral"

"Quite Possibly the Best Palestinian-Israeli Film to Date"
    4/5

A drama centered on an orphaned Palestinian girl (Freida Pinto) growing up in the wake of Arab-Israeli war who finds herself drawn into the conflict.

You might wonder: Freida Pinto is Indian, so why was she cast as Palestinian? -- Some critics took exception to this, or the idea that she is too beautiful to play an ordinary girl. Are ordinary girls not allowed to be beautiful? And while ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. All My Memories Are On VHS- Mom n Pop Rental Redux!

More VHS from the bowels of the mom 'n pop renatl places for a dollar apiece...

Being the comic book nerd completist I am, I couldn't pass up the Aquaman, For Better or For Worse, and B.C. releases...and the soft-hearted sentimental in me just had to get REPO MAN, A CHRISTMAS STORY, and TRANCERS....even though I already own DVD releases on each.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 112 of 174 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast