View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Night Before Easter: Why This Indy Slasher Needs Your Help.

Among the plethora of horror-related podcasts I listen to, none are as focused on the slasher movie as The Hysteria Continues, which is the official podcast of the slasher website The Hysteria Lives, run by the ever-excellent Justin Kerswell, author of The Slasher Movie book. it's a show solely devoted to the classic horror sub-genre, from the beloved to the bizarre and everything in between. Every 14 days, ...

Updated 07-29-2013 at 09:53 AM by lurtz6

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	night easter.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	2295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	night easter.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	2296  
  2. The Conjuring: Review

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Conjuring.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	2287

Competition can either be a massive plus or a huge bane to a motion picture, if a movie can present itself in such a way that is groundbreaking and innovative, then it can seemingly move mountains. If it fails to deliver on even the slightest number of details, then it could be staring up from the bottom of the $5 bin at your local Wal-Mart.

James Wan's The Conjuring has received so much hype in the weeks and months up until ...
  3. Don't Reject This Film

Sometimes you stumble upon a film that is so promising that you hope for more as soon as the final credits appear. This was my experience with Jared Skolnickís 2011 short film, The Earth Rejects Him. While technically a short film, Earth clocks in at around twenty-five minutes which makes it fairly lengthy for this type of cinema.

The film focuses on a young boy who finds a corpse in the woods and faces unexpected consequences ...

Updated 07-23-2013 at 10:26 PM by Butcher

4. You'll Definitely Feel Something ...

I just saw Creeper and I feel like Iíve been put through the same ordeal as a few of the characters! The film takes its cues from recent cult fare such as Bitchslap and Fatherís Day in that its a mix of genres and a mixed bag. It starts out as a tepid thriller, morphs into a horror movie, then into a revenge flick and ends as a Rambo style action piece. If this sounds a little confusing, believe me it isnít. Youíll have plenty of time to ...
  5. Witchfinder

Creating effective cinema can be a daunting and arduous process with little to no reward. I have respect for real filmmakers who attempt to achieve something with their work. Witchfinder is impressive and writer director Colin Clarke shows great promise.

Witchfinder focuses on a nameless evil lurking in a small town. John Hawthorne (played by Travis Worthy) is in love but the object of his
Page 112 of 248 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 ... LastLast