View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Samuel Goldwyn Films and AMBI Group Partner For Release Of “Lavender”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lavender_(2016_film).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	3958

LOS ANGELES (Jan. 26, 2017) – Samuel Goldwyn Films and AMBI Group will partner on the domestic release for the anticipated thriller, “Lavender.” Directed by Ed Gass-Donnelly (“The Last Exorcism Part II”) who co-wrote the film with Colin Frizzell (“Resident Evil: Apocalypse”), the film stars Abbie Cornish (“Limitless”), Diego Klattenhoff (TV’s “The Blacklist”), Justin Long (“Live Free or Die Hard”) and Dermot Mulroney (“My Best Friend’s ...
  2. Blu-ray Review: "Shinjuku Triad Society" (1995)

Amidst a Chinese and Japanese mafia war, a lawyer for the Chinese mob finds a rift forming between him and his corrupt police officer brother. Welcome to the "black society", the underworld that exists just beyond the periphery of our vision.

In this world, many of the characters have a grey, ambiguous morality, and (in the words of Tom Mes) "nobody does what you expect them to do." In this sense, the film is not terribly far removed from the classic noir with ...
  3. Owen Egerton: Crafting a Ghost Story

“Axe Murders of Villisca” is out now from IFC Midnight, and well worth a visit if you want to explore a trans-generational ghost story in America’s heartland. “Villisca” is based in part on the house in Villisca, Iowa where eight notorious and still unsolved 1912 axe murders took place. In the film, three outcast teenagers break into the house in search of answers, but discover something far beyond their worst fears.

As a writer myself, I’m drawn to stories about a film’s inspiration. ...
  4. Syfy films releases Atomica

Name:	Atomica Still 2_35.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	3957

NEW YORK, NY -- January 11, 2017 -- Syfy Films is pleased to announce the release of the anticipated sci-fi thriller ATOMICA, in theaters on March 17, 2017 and on VOD and Digital HD on March 21, 2017. The film is directed by Dagen Merrill (“Beneath,” “Broken Hill,” “Murder in the Dark”) and written by Kevin Burke (“Ultimate Spider-Man,” Marvel’s “Avengers Assemble,” “Beneath”), Fred Fernandez-Armesto and Adam Gyngell. The cast includes Dominic ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. DVD Review: The Devil Lives Here

Name:	Devil-Lives-Here-The-2016-214x300.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	3956

Confusion: lack of understanding; uncertainty – now this doesn’t necessarily describe me in my everyday traverses (well, kinda), but more so how I felt while checking out The Devil Lives Here, from co-directors Dante Vescio and Rodrigo Gasparini. Talk about something that “coulda, shoulda, woulda” – but when all was said and done, all my mind could do was let out an excessive expulsion of emissions…in other words, I was clouded by a brain fart.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast