SHOPPING AT AMAZON? Click Here First! | JOIN MAILING LIST

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Fantasia Film Fest 2016: A Review of "Man Underground"

A reclusive conspiracy theorist (George Basil) enlists people from his small town to help him make a low-budget movie about his experience encountering aliens while working as a geologist for the federal government.

Let’s cut to the chase: “Man Underground”, which premiered July 22 at the Fantasia Film Festival, is among the best films screening in Montreal this year. Whether you think it is top three or top ten will vary on personal preference, but there is no doubt that everyone ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Fantasia Film Fest 2016: A Review of "Let Me Make You a Martyr"

A cerebral revenge film about two adopted siblings who fall in love, and hatch a plan to kill their abusive father (Mark Boone).

Critic Jerry Smith really sums up the world of this film when he says it’s “as dirty and grimy as it gets… you can almost smell the dirt and grime.” From the opening scene until the end, one cannot help but feel the same way. If this world exists somewhere – populated with nothing but drug addicts, trailer trash, and sex perverts – it is not a world any ...
  3. Fantasia Film Fest 2016: A Review of "Embers"

After a global neurological epidemic, those who remain search for meaning and connection in a world without memory.

On its surface, “Embers” is a very simple movie. We have a series of people who have lost their memory to varying degrees. Some can remember for a day, some only minutes. A few seem to be able to push the limits a little bit further. Good science fiction is taking reality as we know it, and pushing the edges out just a bit to what is not yet actual, but possible. And ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Fantasia Film Fest 2016: A Review of "Crimson Dance"

In this short film, we are treated to a bloody and sensual burlesque dance, though one with a very important message.

My limited experience with burlesque leads me to believe it is a dying art form. So far as I know, the state I live in (Wisconsin) only has one burlesque house still in operation. Yet, it seems that the connotation between burlesque and horror is growing. On more than one occasion I have seen a burlesque show as part of a horror convention, with dancers performing ...
  5. Fantasia Film Fest 2016: A Review of "Aloys"

A lonely private investigator (Georg Friedrich) is contacted by a mysterious woman (Tilde von Overbeck) who pulls him into a mind game known as 'telephone walking'. Fascinated by her voice, Aloys discovers an imaginary universe that allows him to break out of his isolation.

Although Aloys is a private investigator and is expected to be listening and watching at all times, we know something is off from the very first scene: he is intently watching (and filming) his own deceased father. ...
Page 51 of 329 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast