bronxtko

DVD Review: The Invoking 2

Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	INVOKING-2_DVD_HIC-731x1024.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	3822

Moderate successes for one film shouldn't necessarily mean translating on over to a sequel, and I don't want anyone getting their panties in a twist over this review, but after watching THE INVOKING 2 from the collaborative directing efforts of (you ready for this)? Jamie DeWolf, Jay Holben, Corey Norman, Adam O'Brien, Patrick Rea, and Jamie Root, I'll offer up that aside from a surely painstaking workload (hell, there are an even greater number of writers on this one)!, the film really falls short of the mark as far as horror anthologies go, and might only appeal to those who are severely hard up for a watch, this Halloween season.

The movie focuses on a collection of stories, ranging from evil spirits, to vengeful poltergeists, and although the movie's opening is fairly creepy in it's presentation, the remainder of the film seems to tail off in frights and intensity, and as low-on-the-radar as the first INVOKING film was, the second installment absolutely limps to the finish line with acting that's less than desirable, and an overall mood and look that speaks to a rushed fashion. In the end, I'm going to climb out on that very frail branch and say that hardcore lovers of horror anthologies will possibly dump a couple of bucks to rent this film...now how they'll feel about it AFTER viewing is another story all in itself!

The film arrives on DVD on October 6th, and has no special features included, but at least the cover art looks good...anyone in agreeance?...anyone? anyone? Is this mic working?

Submit "DVD Review: The Invoking 2" to Digg Submit "DVD Review: The Invoking 2" to del.icio.us Submit "DVD Review: The Invoking 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "DVD Review: The Invoking 2" to Google

Comments