SHOPPING AT AMAZON? Click Here First! | JOIN MAILING LIST

View RSS Feed

bronxtko

Interview With Dominic Monaghan (Atomica)

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dominic-Monaghan-in-The-Millionaire-Tour.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	3965

With the recently-released SyFy Films "ATOMICA" at his back, we here at Killer Reviews were lucky enough to grab a few moments to speak with the star of the film, Dominic Monaghan -we discussed a few topics, so sit on back and enjoy the read!

KR: Can you tell us about the film's premise, as well as a little about your character, Robinson?

DM: Yeah, well I call this film kind of a sci-fi whodunit, and it's based in the not-too-distant future, where an underground nuclear power plant loses communications with the outside world, and a lady (Sarah Habel) goes to check out what's going on, she hears differing stories from my character and Tom Sizemore. I play a guy named Robinson who's going through some mental and physical issues, with having lived underground for several years, and being exposed to some of the harsher elements of working with post-nuclear fusion. So it's kind of like a whodunit because she's got to work out who is lying to her, and how she can extract herself out of that situation while keeping herself safe.

KR: Your character at one point in the film mentions that isolation can make you go a little-bit psycho - where do you as an actor have to go to get yourself in that frame of mind?

DM: I tried to spend quite a lot of time on my own - we shot in Washington State underground, and there obviously wasn't a lot to do - we had a very small crew, and the cool thing about Robinson is that there really isn't any weirdness that's TOO weird for that character, so it was a lot of fun for me to play around with his mood swings and different behaviors in certain scenes. He's a strange guy, and he's got a lot going on, and that gave me a whole lot of places that I could go to in creating that character.

KR: Over the course of your career, you've split quite a bit of time between television and film roles - what do you see as the biggest mode of preparation for a role between the two?

DM: I don't see a huge amount of difference between the preparation for the two - sometimes when you're lucky enough to work on tv shows that run and run, you have to be careful that you don't play the ending. If you're on a show that runs for 3 years, you've got to be careful that you're not doing that - you've got to be in the present at all times. Your preparation for that character - getting to know your lines - there's not a huge difference, it's just a time frame.

KR: Lastly, after the release of "ATOMICA" - what can your fans expect to see from you down the road?

DM: I just did a film last year called "PET" and it's coming out in England, so I'll be going to do some press for that, and I'm developing a tv show about food and the trends in food - what's hot now, and why didn't specific things take off, so we're in the process of putting that together and seeing if we can get it sold - we'll see where we go from there.

KR: Dominic, I cannot thank you enough for the time - best of luck with the film, and we'll keep an eye out for you!

DM: Sounds good - thanks!

Submit "Interview With Dominic Monaghan (Atomica)" to Digg Submit "Interview With Dominic Monaghan (Atomica)" to del.icio.us Submit "Interview With Dominic Monaghan (Atomica)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Interview With Dominic Monaghan (Atomica)" to Google

Comments