bronxtko

Blu-ray Review: The Bird With The Crystal Plumage

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BIRD-500x500.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	3987

Just when you thought the good people over at Arrow Films couldn't manage to make another flick from back in the day look like a polished gem, they manage to drop an absolutely beautiful restoration directly in our laps! Up on the slab today is Argento's The Bird With The Crystal Plumage.

This 2 disc set contains a high-definition 4K (1080p) blu-ray version as well as a standard DVD, and the set comes jammed with a bevy of extras guaranteed to make any fan of Italian suspense salivate with anticipation - seriously, gang - this looks amazing on the big TV! Now, for those of you familiar with Argento's work, I sincerely doubt that you need be to bleed the details of this film to you, and if you haven't seen it yet, first off SHAME ON YOU. Now that the shaming is thoroughly complete, allow me to briefly skim the skinny on this classic to you all - an American writer living in Rome witnesses the savage attack on a beautiful young woman. Not being thoroughly impressed with the local police's work ethic regarding the case, he takes it upon himself to spark up his own investigation into the attack, not only putting his own safety at risk, but his sanity as well.

Alright, ya cheats - details OVER! Now get off yer duffs and make sure to grab this beauty as soon as possible - not convinced yet? Well then, won't you let me roll out the blood red carpet of special features contained in this box of gloriousness:

Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the camera negative in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio, produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
Original mono Italian and English soundtracks (lossless on the Blu-ray Disc)
English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
New audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films
The Power of Perception, a new visual essay on the cinema of Dario Argento by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Devil's Advocates: Suspiria and Rape-Revenge Films: A Critical Study
New analysis of the film by critic Kat Ellinger
New interview with writer/director Dario Argento
New interview with actor Gildo Di Marco (Garullo the pimp)
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Candice Tripp
Limited edition 60-page booklet illustrated by Matthew Griffin, featuring an appreciation of the film by Michael Mackenzie, and new writing by Howard Hughes and Jack Seabrook

Don't delay, ya kooks - open up the wallets and snag this sexy little beast immediately!!

Submit "Blu-ray Review: The Bird With The Crystal Plumage" to Digg Submit "Blu-ray Review: The Bird With The Crystal Plumage" to del.icio.us Submit "Blu-ray Review: The Bird With The Crystal Plumage" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blu-ray Review: The Bird With The Crystal Plumage" to Google

Comments

Got mine today... very excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Schmitt
    Got mine today... very excited!

Great stuff indeed!