bronxtko

I'm Not Guilty: Ted Bundy- The Development of the Violent Mind: book review

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81Hj8AD7GuL__SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	2352

What possesses the criminal mind to commit such atrocities against humanity ? Is there a deep-seeded detestation that is already implanted at birth or does it come from years and years of negative feelings & experiences at the hands of others ?

Ted Bundy, one of the U.S.'s most prolific serial killers, pulled off between 30-35 murders (actual number is to this day, still unknown) and was convicted on July 24th, 1979 for the first series of murders - many other sentencings followed until Bundy was finally executed by electrocution on January 24th, 1989, but up until the day he finally paid for his crimes, he NEVER fully admitted to authorities what he had done until all of his appeals had fallen on deaf ears.

The premise of this book is to give the reader the eyes & ears of Dr. Al Carlisle, whom evaluated Ted Bundy after he was first arrested in 1975. Numerous hours of sit-down interviews were conducted with the condemned butcher, and those dialogues have been made over to not only include discussions with Bundy himself, but intimate speakings with his friends & family, and even some surviving victims.
The crimes that shocked a nation are depicted in such a chilling and vivid fashion that your blood is surely going to get a case of the icy chills when you set your eyes (and mind) into them. Carlisle pulls no punches in giving the peruser a front row seat into the gray matter of a stone-cold cutthroat, and WOW does this book deliver a punch !

While some people that are familiar with Bundy's case may not find anything here of new interest, but it's the way that all of the evidence is presented is what makes this read so damn interesting. For a man that remained stonefaced for the majority of his sentenced time, a whole new perspective is given here to allow your mind to delve into Bundy's - could you see WHY he did what he did ? You could certainly ask yourself (I know I asked MYSELF) - "does it now make any more or less sense as to why he damned himself with the blood of so many innocents ?"

In the end, as a reader that had only scratched the surface of this highly-sensationalized case, I found myself unable to drop this book for even the shortest amount of time, and at some moments, caught myself going back through the publication's interviews over and over again just to check if my eyes hadn't deceived me. I can only recommend this book if you are willing to deal with the uneasy details of some very graphic killings, and if you are, then you're in store for an excellent angle of a killer's mind that we may have never knew existed, until now. Read on & enjoy !

Submit "I'm Not Guilty: Ted Bundy- The Development of the Violent Mind: book review" to Digg Submit "I'm Not Guilty: Ted Bundy- The Development of the Violent Mind: book review" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm Not Guilty: Ted Bundy- The Development of the Violent Mind: book review" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm Not Guilty: Ted Bundy- The Development of the Violent Mind: book review" to Google

Comments