Sponsors: Alternative Cinema | Level 33 Entertainment | Shopping at Amazon? Click Here First!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Latest Movies About Girls podcast episode thread!

Thanks again, KOP

Waiting on Death Row littlemaths's Avatar

I was asleep, for what it's worth. Slept in three hours late for a one hour show.

Wait, you were asking for the episode where Jim Ether talked about the uber rich and dead people? Episode 78 (Roller Boogie) about 5 hours and 1 minute in. This is also the first episode that Kent joined the cast.

Before EP 78, I used to hate skates.Now I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky Dave View Post
    Wait, you were asking for the episode where Jim Ether talked about the uber rich and dead people? Episode 78 (Roller Boogie) about 5 hours and 1 minute in. This is also the first episode that Kent joined the cast.
    Holy smokes, nice one!
    Balls deep in it.
    Movies About Girls

Waiting on Death Row littlemaths's Avatar

Squeaky Dave, you have saved me many hours of searching. Thanks. For some reason I thought it was between 79 and 86 - I'd been scanning through those episodes, but not, of course, the one before it.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemaths View Post
    Squeaky Dave, you have saved me many hours of searching. Thanks. For some reason I thought it was between 79 and 86 - I'd been scanning through those episodes, but not, of course, the one before it.
    Glad to oblige. And I must admit, this was serendipity, as I just happened to be listening to that episode right after the Jim Ether incident was mentioned on the latest show.

By the way, also on that episode Stacey debuted a bunch of funny radio sound bytes she got from Ken like 'flashback,' 'so what' etc. At about 4:43 she plays this musical intermission cue coupled with the 'funky' sound byte to function as a sort of mini Neil Sedaka-esqe antidote for an awkward pause in the show, then Ken asks her to replay this great part of what sounds like a weird 60s soul song where the guy exclaims, "Comin at ya baby and you know it's gonna be it's gonna be FANTASTIC!" It's awesome and I feel like I've heard the song but can't identify it. Anyone?
    Last edited by Squeaky Dave; 01-11-2012 at 09:39 AM.

If I remember correctly (and that is unlikely), it comes from an album of DJ sounds called "Discojingles" which may or may not be from 1978 and may or may not be German in origin. I hope that helps (although I am sure it does not).
    Balls deep in it.
    Movies About Girls

Quote Originally Posted by King of Podcasting View Post
    If I remember correctly (and that is unlikely), it comes from an album of DJ sounds called "Discojingles" which may or may not be from 1978 and may or may not be German in origin. I hope that helps (although I am sure it does not).
    Thanks!!! I downloaded mp3s of it and yep, that was on there. What a nutty record. Here's the cover and some info...

http://stereofound.wordpress.com/200...ojingles-1977/
    Last edited by Squeaky Dave; 01-11-2012 at 08:12 PM.

This week another MAG-lite. And this one comes with a SHOCKING announcement....SOMEONE is leaving the show!

But who?

Find out Saturday!

PS Auditions for his/her replacement will be held on future MAG-lites.
    Balls deep in it.
    Movies About Girls