Sponsors: Alternative Cinema | Level 33 Entertainment | Shopping at Amazon? Click Here First!

Thread: Rambo 5 In The Works

GregMO ROberts

Default Rambo 5 In The Works

There are some iconic movie characters that action fans just canít get enough of. John McClane, Dirty Harry, Jason Bourne. But maybe the most iconic of them all is none other than John Rambo.

Embodied by Sylvester Stallone and first introduced to audiences in 1982 with First Blood, John Rambo has fought personal and political wars and has spilled more blood than a retiring butcher along the way.

The fourth film in the series, simply titled Rambo was released in 2008 and brought our titular hero to Burma where he flexed his aging muscles in an attempt to rescue a group of Christian aid workers. Looking tired yet still showing a unique ability to win against all odds, it was thought that Rambo would be the final time we saw the Vietnam veteran on the big screen. But it seems we might be able to squeeze just one more adventure out of the now 65-year Stallone.

Sean Hood (Conan the Barbarian) has tweeted that he is working on a fifth instalment of the franchise. ď'Rambo 5' on hold as Sly finishes 'Expendables 2,'Ē he tweeted, "He hasnít decided if R5 will be an 'Unforgiven' or a 'passing of the torch.'"

Personally, we couldnít be happier. Bringing the character to a close would be a welcomed treat. And whether it is John Rambo simply mowing down the opposition or having him paired with another mercenary that can take the torch is ok in our books no matter which direction is taken.

We do hope that if he is given a partner that screenwriters donít attempt to make up some cockamaney story about a long lost son. And how great would it be if Rambo has his final showdown in Hope, Washington where it all began and have Rambo fighting against the sadistic son of Teasle (Brian Dennehy) who feels as if Rambo disgraced his family name thirty years ago.

Either way, we can assure you that the box office tally would be at least $13.50 for Rambo 5 as we could definitely buy a ticket

Blog Entries

I'm glad Stallone changed his mind on Rambo 5. Last I heard, he put the series to bed. I know at the end of part 4, he ends up back home, but I would like to see the story continue.

Running With the Devil psychobillyjekyll's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's rare I say this, but I might actually see this in theaters.
    "If it's out of the grave, it's out of my pants." Tig

I agree I would see this in the theater. Rambo was better than I thought it would be.

Electric Chair Victim killerklown's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it's anything like the last one I will see it opening night

This excites me in my nether regions.....

While "Rambo" gave me a satisfying conclusion to the series, I'd be game for another entry in the series.

I'd like to see another one. I don't want to see them "Pass the torch" though. I wouldn't be surprised to see them finally kill him off in the finale.
    It's a Sweater!

Blog Entries

i still gotta see the last one
    Long live Tokyo Sheik - Uncle Frank

Running With the Devil psychobillyjekyll's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toksikshok View Post
    i still gotta see the last one
    Dude, you're gonna love it. Every second of it.
    "If it's out of the grave, it's out of my pants." Tig