Thread: Terra Nova May Move To Netflix

Blog Entries

Default Terra Nova May Move To Netflix

News surfaced this week that the high concept/even higher budget Fox television show Terra Nova had been cancelled. Dinosaurs and science fiction elements of the show did not do enough to bring in high ratings and Fox was quick to pull the plug rather than continue to feed money into the quicksand pit.

But don’t write off Terra Nova just yet. Fox made no bones about the fact they were shopping the show to other networks and The Live Feed is reporting that none other than Netflix is interested. Netflix, a company that focuses on DVD rentals and online downloads has recently tipped their toes into the original programming pool. New episodes of the revived Arrested Development are in production via Netflix and it appears as if the company wants to play with the big boys.

If successful in their new venture, Netflix’s involvement in original programming has a way of changing the television landscape. 15 years ago, the big four national networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox) began to lose viewers and Emmy’s to cable programming from HBO, AMC and Showtime. If an online service throws a serious hat into the ring, the big four will face even more competition.

Personally, I never watched Terra Nova so I have no opinion on its cancellation and possible relocation. However, I am a Netflix subscriber and if venturing into $1+ million an episode original programming affects my monthly subscription rate – well, then I might get really pissed.
    Follow me on Twitter @Gregmoroberts

Running With the Devil psychobillyjekyll's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GregMO ROberts View Post
    However, I am a Netflix subscriber and if venturing into $1+ million an episode original programming affects my monthly subscription rate – well, then I might get really pissed.
    Or you could watch the damn show and get your money's worth... It's Dinosaurs and guns, you can't lose.
    "If it's out of the grave, it's out of my pants." Tig

Blog Entries

i dont think ive heard of this show but it sounds cool
    Long live Tokyo Sheik - Uncle Frank

Running With the Devil psychobillyjekyll's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is/was. Nekro and I watched every episode. It was pretty sweet.
    "If it's out of the grave, it's out of my pants." Tig

Blog Entries

I'm going to genetically engineer dinosaurs because I can no longer get my dinosaur fix from tv. I'm going to create Jurassic Park in Delaware and it is all your fault Fox.
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
    -Poe

I rather have them bring Jurrasic Park to netflix (no more movies for netflix, I know.) than Terra Nova. I watched 2 episodes in the beginning, zzz.