Thread: Ben Affleck Eyed For JLA

Blog Entries

Default Ben Affleck Eyed For JLA

When it was announced earlier this year that Warner Bros. was looking to bring the Justice League of America comic team ensemble to the big screen, many of us had a ‘I will believe it when I see it’ response.

But recent news from Variety would indicate that the project will indeed get going sometime in the next year and that Daredevil might be the guy behind the camera calling the shots.

Variety reports that actor/director Ben Affleck is being eyed by the studio to bring the DC comic to life. The report details that Affleck was sent a copy of the Will Beall’s script in hopes to garner (hee hee, get it) his interest.

No release date has been set for the project, but due to the sheer size of the project, it would be 2015 at least before we see Batman, Superman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman band together to fight against a common enemy.
    Follow me on Twitter @Gregmoroberts

This is not a good sign. He took an awesome character like Daredevil and made him a lukewarm joke. The more I hear about this project, the more I'm thinking that the only good that will come of it is the introduction of the Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz) to the masses. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Blog Entries

I think he recently passed on it. I feel like he has no interest in big effects movies and would rather direct the dramas that he's knocking out of the park. Probably wants nothing to do with those types of movies since he sank his acting career with that crap.

Destroyer of Demons cityofgod794's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty B View Post
    I think he recently passed on it. I feel like he has no interest in big effects movies and would rather direct the dramas that he's knocking out of the park. Probably wants nothing to do with those types of movies since he sank his acting career with that crap.

that is a good point
    Day man
    Fighter of the Night man
    Champion of the sun
    You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
    Day man, day man
    Uhh ahhahh

http://cityofgod794.dvdaf.com/owned