Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the worst celebrities to meet in person

Electric Chair Victim BreeAnimal's Avatar

Default the worst celebrities to meet in person

from cinematical.com

I've definitely been lucky in the years that I've been involved with Cinematical in that I never once came across a celebrity who treated me poorly in person. Of course, some are friendlier than others -- and when the press are involved, they're usually on their best behavior -- but that doesn't mean all celebrities are warm, approachable and, like, totally down with becoming your new best friend. The Frisky decided to put together a list of the 14 Celebs Who Are Jerks In Person, based on anonymous accounts from people (most of whom appear to be press) who've come into contact with a celebrity and did not have a pleasurable experience.

The list isn't ranked, but among those featured are Jennifer Lopez, Ryan Gosling, Michael Pitt (who I met briefly and will agree with their claims that he was completely spaced out), Ludacris, Danny Glover ("he punched my friend, who's an AP photographer, in the face"), Bill Cosby ("Bill thought that my questions were stupid because at one point he condescendingly asked me which college I went to"), Michael Showalter, Henry Rollins and more. In addition to those mentioned, the comments section is littered with more names -- like Jared Leto (who sat in front of me at a Sundance screening and then got up to move down a row after someone near me mentioned his name) and Will Ferrell ("all of my friends that have met him say that he's a jerk").

With every negative, there's always a positive, though, so maybe the above mentioned celebs were just having a bad day. What do you think? Have you ever had a bad experience meeting a celebrity in person? And afterwards, did you then stop watching his or her films?

Michael Pitt? Damn, really?

Vincent Gallo has a reputation of being a prick.
    if I had, if I had more - more would be laid at your feet

if you give me just a little smile
    the dogs on my trail wouldn't drag me back to jail

I woke up in a horse's stomach one foggy morning
    his eyes were crazy and he smashed into the cemetery gates

all I want is to be a happy man.

Destroyer of Demons cityofgod794's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i haven't ever met any actors but i have met alot of musicians
    and most of them are cool as shit....
    i met ( in no type of order ) Dream Theater ( whole band ), Haste the Day ( whole band ), Scary kids Scaring kids ( lead singer and guitar player ), Riverside ( whole band ), Iron Saviour ( whole band ), Rob Rock ( whole band ), The Fall of Troy ( whole band ), Decrepit birth ( lead singer ), Neuraxis ( lead singer ), IWrestledABearOnce ( bass player ), The Human Abstract 3 times ( whole band ), If Hope Dies ( drummer), Despised Icon( whole band), The Black Dahlia Murder( singer ) ( briefly, asked me if i had any weed lol ), Shadows Fall ( singer ), GWAR ( lead singer/guitar ), The Absence ( singer and drummer ), and Lydia ( bass player )

there are a couple of more i trying to remember, but most of these guys weren't jerks at all, must be different between the two worlds of film and music ????
    Day man
    Fighter of the Night man
    Champion of the sun
    You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
    Day man, day man
    Uhh ahhahh

http://cityofgod794.dvdaf.com/owned

I've met Stephen King, Larry Bird, and the guys from Chiodos.

Destroyer of Demons cityofgod794's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gabgnipeels View Post
    I've met Stephen King, Larry Bird, and the guys from Chiodos.
    lol and how did you feel about all them?
    Day man
    Fighter of the Night man
    Champion of the sun
    You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
    Day man, day man
    Uhh ahhahh

http://cityofgod794.dvdaf.com/owned

They were all pretty down to earth. I really liked meeting Stephen King though. He signed my copy of 'The Dark Side' and wished me luck on my writing.

I've had pretty good luck with the celebrities I've met/ worked with. They include: Aerosmith (whole band), Jason Mraz ( very cool guy), Sarah and Laura Silverman (funnier in person), David Hyde Pierce, Jimmy Dunn, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and others.

Billy Crystal, however, was a dick.

Electric Chair Victim BreeAnimal's Avatar

david cook was down to earth. so was willem dafoe. samuel l jackson not so much, but i will give him benefit of the doubt and say he was having a bad day. meagan fox was a bit snobbish. oprah a tad too, but she was being bombardced so i will give her a get out of jail free card. curtis joseph was cool. ellen page was boring. nic cage was nice even if i don't like nick cage. mike myers was really really nice. so was gordon ramsey

Not necessarily bad, but a couple of the oddest impromptu experiences that I've ever had meeting musicians or actors, were definitely ones with Saxon, and Kato Kaelin, respectively.
    *~Here I Am, Your Rocket Queen~*

Blog Entries

Of the numerous horror celebs I've met over the years, only one came across as a complete douchebag: Corey Feldman. Bill Moseley has his bad days, and Bill Butler is a jerk, but Feldman is by far the worst.