Sponsors: Alternative Cinema | Level 33 Entertainment | Shopping at Amazon? Click Here First!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Wonder Woman costume lacks boner-popping qualities

Default The new Wonder Woman costume lacks boner-popping qualities

I mean, there's nothing going on down there.

Balls deep in it.
    Movies About Girls

I read Wonder Woman #600 earlier today and saw this design. 'Course WW never made sense to me...if she's one of the Amazons of myth, shouldn't she have only one breast? Because supposedly they chopped one off so's they could be better archers.

At least it isn't this:

Liquor & Whores: The Film Music Podcast....for Classy Folks.

HKC: Now, 75% MAG-certified Huggable!

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, and thankfully it looks like I finally won out."- Elwood P. Dowd

I'm not concerned with boners popping or deflating - I simply want her to look like the superhero she is. Apparently the redesign was intended to make her look less superhero-ey, which annoys me because she *is* a superhero. All superheros have physique-displaying outfits, the men and the women. I dunno, it just doesn't make her look as tough. They could have redesigned and modernized without making her look like she's going to the mall.

I've had a rant brewing ever since I heard this news, and this seems to be as good a place as any to dump it:

I thoroughly agree Ken and Gore Gore. This costume exemplifies everything that's wrong with superhero costume design these days. It's a bland exercise in obvious compromise intended to appease a mass audience that isn't even going to begin to give a fuck.

It's bad in general, but it's a particularly terrible choice for Wonder Woman who is supposed to be a goddess. Her costume is supposed to be magical and unearthly, it shouldn't look like something you could buy it off the rack at Hot Topic.

All the arguments I've read in favor of the changes are nonsense:

Wonder Woman can't fight without pantlegs: Yes she can. She's freakin' WONDER WOMAN. If Hulk can fight without a shirt, she can fight without pantlegs.

The Costume doesn't make any sense, why would she be half naked all the time? It makes perfect sense if you consider that she comes from a society that's modelled on Greco Roman culture. They were big on nudity, you're lucky she's wearing anything at all.

What if she's fighting and something pops out? Well, first of all it's a comic book, so if the writer says nothing pops out, then nothing pops out. Secondly, it's a magic costume. Hell, depending on what origin story you go with, WW herself is magic. Magic boobs don't pop out of a magic costume.

I don't know why, but for some reason there's this resistance, and I don't know if it's the culture in general or just a select vocal minority, who hate it when superheroes look like superheroes. They want kevlar, and jeanjackets, and kneepads. Like making the costumes more realistic is going to somehow make the concept less ridiculous. I swear to god they'd have superheroes walking around in street clothes if they could. Boring street clothes, too. Nothing too flashy or attention-getting. After all they are supposed to be superheroes.

Should be more like this.

Bonus:

Balls deep in it.
    Movies About Girls

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, and thankfully it looks like I finally won out."- Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Hong Kong Cavalier View Post
    Hell's Yeah! Now that's a costume I can get behind!
    Why do they always haveta mess with a classic? I agree with Bikini General Contractor-enough with the leather jackets & such-I want spandex, big Dr. Strange collars and giant purple & green planet eaters in my superhero movies!
    And Wonder Woman was just fine the way she was...especially when Neal Adams drew her.
    Spankin'!

Or somethin' like this.

Balls deep in it.
    Movies About Girls

Yikes. I can't get behind those travesties, sorry dudes. Ugh.

+1 to everything bikini general said.