Sponsors: Alternative Cinema | Level 33 Entertainment | Shopping at Amazon? Click Here First!

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Music You're Currently Into

Hong Kong Cavalier

Default Music You're Currently Into

Inspired by the two "I Used to Like This Band" threads, I decided to delve into the arena of current musical tastes....

Two bands that fill alot of my time these days are:

Airbourne- My long-standing love for AC/DC (which began as a child, but I will admit they haven't cut a decent album in over 20 years) and Rose Tattoo probably steers me towards Airbourne...it's good, brain-numbing rock n roll...meaning you don't have to think too much while listening, which is a good respite from alot of the prog-rocky bands I find myself caught up in most days (TOOL, A Perfect Circle, etc.,), stoner metal (Clutch, Fu Manchu, etc.,), outsider music and just plain bad or goofy tunes (I love novelty tunes.....can't help myself)...

The Black Keys- Another long-standing love of mine is the blues, particularly the electrified variety, especially when performed by the likes of John Lee Hooker or Jimmy Reed (I blame my mother and her accursed Southern blood which she passed onto me) and this Akron, Ohio based band (gotta show some love for boys from the home state) are just my cup of tea. Plus, any band on the Eastbound and Down and Zombieland soundtrack can't be all that bad. I absolutely love their cover of Dylan's "Wicked Messenger".

I don't listen to much new music except Peaches. But then I was in a bar the other day and heard something completely awesome, which turned out to be Leslie Hall. So, a lot of Leslie Hall is being played around the Mr. and Mrs. GGG household. She's kinda like Divine, if Divine was into crafts and scissor kicks.

Hong Kong Cavalier

Quote Originally Posted by Gore Gore Girl View Post
    I don't listen to much new music except Peaches.
    I love the Impeach My Bush album....

^ Yeah, it's good. Fatherfucker is the best IMO. But nothing beats her live. Best show on earth.

Currently listening to...

The Wildhearts - Earth Vs The Wildhearts CD

Sue Saad - theme from Looker 7" single

... and Def Leppard at Dortmund, 1983

Waiting on Death Row littlemaths's Avatar

It's been nothing but Dennis Wilson and Hall and Oates for me lately.

^ Dennis Wilson's solo album? Or all of his bits and pieces?

Yeah, the solo album, plus the Bambu sessions. It was the double CD re-release a couple of years back. Pacific Ocean Blue is amazing, but the unfinished stuff I can mostly take or leave. You into various Wilson related things?

^ The Beach Boys are my favourite band.

Deservedly too, I would think. I think Brian's version of SMiLE is probably my favourite Beach Boys related album though.

Hey, has the eleven minute disco version of Here Comes The Night been on Hits From Hell?

Personally, I kinda dig it, but maybe that's just me. It's gloriously nuts.