Welcome to Killer Reviews where you'll find tons of horror movie reviews, horror podcasts, news, interviews and more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Episode 30: The House of the Devil (Special Guest Ti West)

Default Episode 30: The House of the Devil (Special Guest Ti West)

Episode 30: The House of the Devil
    Recorded on October 21, 2009

Get your pentagrams out! BrainChomper, Butcher and special guest KaylaCap get evil with Ti West's "The House of the Devil". Besides our usual in-depth review, writer and director Ti West joins the show for a sit down with The Butcher. Favorite devil movies are also discussed along with KaylaCap's recent introduction to "The Blair Witch Project". It's all here and it's only one click away!

Time Codes: (06:28) The House of the Devil Review - (29:00) Interview with Ti West - (42:20) Favorite Devil Movies - (50:05) Blair Witch Discussion

Please Note: There are no movie spoilors in this podcast.

Don't steel this movie! You can watch this movie legally on various On Demand services like XBOX-Live, Amazon.com and cable VOD in select areas.

Listen by Clicking Below

Listen Immediately by Streaming the Show
    Download Show in MP3 Format
    Suscribe to this show on iTunes

Be cool and comment on this episode below!
    Last edited by Butcher; 10-23-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Running With the Devil psychobillyjekyll's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chomper, you would like Street Kings, it's an amazing movie. I thought that you guys would hit on the GG Allin thing, but, alas, no such luck. Great show, though, one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobillyjekyll View Post
    Chomper, you would like Street Kings, it's an amazing movie. I thought that you guys would hit on the GG Allin thing, but, alas, no such luck. Great show, though, one of my favorites.
    Couple of questions for you. Have you seen The House of the Devil yet? And what specifically did you like about the show? Did you like the format, the length, the interview?

Thanks!

Destroyer of Demons cityofgod794's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i liked the ti west guy he seemed pretty cool
    i'm interested to see the house of the devil movie
    is there any information on his new movie The Haunting in Georgia?
    but anyway looking forward to the next podcast guys
    Day man
    Fighter of the Night man
    Champion of the sun
    You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
    Day man, day man
    Uhh ahhahh

http://cityofgod794.dvdaf.com/owned

Quote Originally Posted by cityofgod794 View Post
    i liked the ti west guy he seemed pretty cool
    i'm interested to see the house of the devil movie
    is there any information on his new movie The Haunting in Georgia?
    but anyway looking forward to the next podcast guys
    This is what I could dig up on The Haunting in Georgia. Compliments of Bloody-Disgusting.com

The Roost, Trigger Man, Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever and the awesome The House of the Devil, I think it's safe to say Ti West is quickly becoming an icon in the horror world. We learned exclusively today that West will be getting behind the camera for The Haunting in Georgia, Gold Circle Films' sequel to The Haunting in Connecticut that we first told you about here. Written by David Coggeshall (Clock Tower), shooting begins this September in Canada. You can check out the new synopsis inside.

Destroyer of Demons cityofgod794's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    This is what I could dig up on The Haunting in Georgia. Compliments of Bloody-Disgusting.com

The Roost, Trigger Man, Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever and the awesome The House of the Devil, I think it's safe to say Ti West is quickly becoming an icon in the horror world. We learned exclusively today that West will be getting behind the camera for The Haunting in Georgia, Gold Circle Films' sequel to The Haunting in Connecticut that we first told you about here. Written by David Coggeshall (Clock Tower), shooting begins this September in Canada. You can check out the new synopsis inside.
    its a sequel? hmmmm.... well i liked the first one enough so i looking forward to seeing more on this
    Day man
    Fighter of the Night man
    Champion of the sun
    You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
    Day man, day man
    Uhh ahhahh

http://cityofgod794.dvdaf.com/owned

Another great interview and podcast Butcher! The questions were thought out and not fan boyish. Mr. West impressed me with his down to earthness. I was quick to write off Cabin Fever II, but changed my mind when I found out he was involved. I liked his answer about the pace of the movie as compared to modern movies. Nice going!
    Ronnie James Dio July 10, 1942---May 16, 2010

Electric Chair Victim Sinister187's Avatar

I checked this out on VOD and I liked it very much, had a creepy feeling throughout and the lead girl was really cute. I'll buy the DVD when it's released.
    When There's No More Room In Hell, The Dead Will Walk The Earth. - Dawn Of The Dead

Destroyer of Demons
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed the show. I believe it’s the fourth I’ve listened to.

Good job on the interview Butcher. It’s short and sweet with perfect questions. The best part is that you didn’t come off like a fanboy which I would assume is difficult.

It was nice to get a third opinion and Kayla did a nice job. You might think about adding a third person to the review from time to time. But it might be best if the third person was different each time or maybe a rotation of a few people.

The following is something I wouldn’t normally mention but you guys seem to be looking for some genuine feedback, so here it goes. The chemistry between you two is better in this episode. In the few episodes I listened to before I got a little uncomfortable with the grilling Brainchomper was getting. There’s nothing wrong with you guys giving each other a ribbing but it seemed one sided in a few of the previous episodes.

The show felt like the perfect length for the content. I loved the music and I like the icons you are using for these two latest shows

I doubt I will checkout The House of the Devil after hearing your impressions. I have a lot of movies I want to get to and a slow paced devil movie with no nudity will have a hard time making it onto my list. Thanks for the great impressions.
    Last edited by crikan; 10-28-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Blog Entries

shooting begins this September in Canada. You can check out the new synopsis inside.[/QUOTE]

Yahoo! Canada!