Sponsors: Alternative Cinema | Level 33 Entertainment | Shopping at Amazon? Click Here First!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Movies About Girls Book Club!

Default The Official Movies About Girls Book Club!

Hi. Let's show off how smart we are by posting the last books we've read here!

I just read this one. Al Jaffee's autobiography.
    It was pretty good, although he didn't talk about working at Mad Magazine until around page 160 (out of 220 pages).
    Mostly it was about him growing up in some ghetto in Europe somewhere.
    Fun fact: current page rate for writing/drawing for Mad: $500!

Bonus: the author interviews Al!

I also read Cult Files: True Stories from the Extreme Edges of Religious Belief, by Chris Mikul.
    I'm a huge fan of nutty religious cults. This one had some crazy f*%kin' stories in there. Ever hear of the Ant Hill Kids? Yikes!

Last edited by King of Podcasting; 10-19-2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Bonus!
    Balls deep in it.
    Movies About Girls

Books are fun!
    I'm in the middle of The Unbearable Lightness of Being.
    Recently finished Stephen King on the Big Screen. It's a really interesting look at Stephen King's film adaptaions.

Quote Originally Posted by (christine) View Post
    Books are fun!
    I'm in the middle of The Unbearable Lightness of Being.
    Recently finished Stephen King on the Big Screen. It's a really interesting look at Stephen King's film adaptaions.
    Ever see the movie version? They got the "Unbearable" part right.
    Zing!
    Balls deep in it.
    Movies About Girls

I have not. But I have NO CLUE how they could adapt such an abstract novel.
    Nice zing!

I went to a used bookstore last weekend. Found a nice crusty 1981 copy of Jack Ketchum's novel Off Season for $1.25. The front cover gives it the lofty billing: "The Ultimate Horror Novel" but I'll just settle for some nice, pulpy, early 80's trash.

On my way out, I spotted the Fright Night novelization by Skipp and Spector. That one was $1.75, so I had to get that too.

One book I passed up was the novelization of the mutant killer-bear flick - Prophecy.

I feel somewhat bad about that.

Quote Originally Posted by wormface View Post
    I went to a used bookstore last weekend. Found a nice crusty 1981 copy of Jack Ketchum's novel Off Season for $1.25. The front cover gives it the lofty billing: "The Ultimate Horror Novel" but I'll just settle for some nice, pulpy, early 80's trash.

I remember Off Season. Pretty suspenseful stuff!

On my way out, I spotted the Fright Night novelization by Skipp and Spector. That one was $1.75, so I had to get that too.

I loved Skipp and Spector back in the splatterpunk daze. Never read this one, but I bet it's good!

One book I passed up was the novelization of the mutant killer-bear flick - Prophecy.

I feel somewhat bad about that.
    You gotta go back and get that!
    Balls deep in it.
    Movies About Girls

Blog Entries

No that book Prophecy is more of an instructional guide on how to grow and raise your own mutant killer bear and train it in case of a wetwolf attack. Lots of good instructional illustrations and pictures.

^So yes you should pick up that copy
    Snoop-a-loop!

At the moment, I'm reading . . .

It's not easy being a gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullWhichCameFromHell View Post
    At the moment, I'm reading . . .

I love the 70s Marvel horror comics "Werewolf By Night", "Dracula Lives" and I don't even mind their "Frankenstiein" and "Golem".

I'm ashamed to say I don't have much psaitence for novels and only really read music books, comics, tv and movie tie ins and explotitation.At the moment I'm reading "Turn the Beat Around" (a history of disco by Peter Shapiro) and the Atlas hrror mag "Devilina"

Holy smokes! I am also about to read Turn the Beat Around!
    However, I am currently in the middle of Underneath It All, Traci Lords' autobiography.
    So far, it's mostly a sob story.
    The 70's were rough on all of us, sister. Get over it!

By the way, this spate of book reading is due mostly to the fact that Stacey and I have been on a multitude of planes this week. Probably I'll go back to comic books and Shindig! next week.

Then again, maybe I've turned a corner, and I'm entering a new literary renaissance. However you spell it.
    Balls deep in it.
    Movies About Girls